NRG Park has been home of the Houston Texans of the NFL since 2002. It has the capacity to seat just over 72,000. It is over 1.9 million square feet. While primarily a football venue, it has also been home to numerous soccer matches, famous concerts, and other notable other events. It is located within the Inner Loop of the southern portion of Interstate Loop 610 between Kirby and Fannin Street.
Parking for guests with mobility limitations are available. NRG Park recognized the needs of guests with disabilities. It also offers Access Centers and is accessible to the disabled community through various structural features, components, and operational services.
Motorcycle parking is available. There is no specific motorcycle parking for Texans home games. Each motorcycle that comes onto property must also have its own pre-purchased parking pass to enter.
Oversized vehicle parking is available throughout the park. Also, oversized vehicles will need to pre-purchase a minimum of two parking spots and need to park in the designated RV areas in each lot at NRG Park.
City of Houston Parking Tips.
Houston Parking Management believes parking should be safe and convenient. By following these tips from their website, you can park safely and avoid a parking citation.
- Read signs carefully. When you park, check the signs on the block to become familiar with the parking regulations.
- Know the mobility lane hours. To help get commuters in and out of downtown, several blocks become tow-away zones during commute hours. Check the signs carefully to know the hours of these restrictions.
- Commercial Zones are for commercial vehicles only. Only a commercial vehicle (with company logos displayed) can park in marked commercial vehicle loading zones. Check carefully for the signs and/or red meters.
- Know the time limit. Check the signs, your receipt or the pay station for the time limit for the block. After the time limit expires, you must move your car to another block.
- Downtown Hopper Pass. The Hopper pass allows you to park at multiple blocks throughout downtown. Your time on the block cannot exceed the posted time limit for the block.
- Try Parkmobile. You can start your parking session from the convenience of your mobile device. You can also receive an alert before your time expires; helping you to avoid a parking citation. Visit http://www.houstontx.gov/parking/meters.html for more information.
We hope that this helps you find cheap downtown Houston parking! Have any new tips or tricks? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cheap downtown Houston Parking.
Have you ever been searching for downtown Houston parking but found yourself unable to find anything that costs under $20 an hour?
“It’s crazy! It’s too hectic,” claim Houston residents.
Well, what if we told you that there were some parking secrets that could save you lots of money in downtown Houston?
Find our best tips for parking downtown below!
1. 300 Milam
Price: $5 (evenings, weekends)
Pros: Near University of Houston, Downtown Aquarium, Revention Music Center
2. The Theater District Garages
Price: $10 (flat-rate)
Pros: Theater District Movie Theaters
3. 1111 San Jacinto
Price: $5 (flat-rate)
Pros: Near the House of Blues, Toyota Center
4. 1301 Main St: Green Street Garage
Price: $5 (flat-rate)
Pros: One City Centre, GreenStreet, South Texas College of Law
We hope that this list helps you find cheap downtown Houston parking! Have any new tips or tricks? E-mail us at email@example.com.
Minute Maid Park.
Minute Maid Park is a ballpark in downtown Houston that opened in 2000. It is home of the Houston Astros of the MLB. It’s seating capacity is just over 41,000. While primarily a baseball venue, it has also been home to numerous soccer matches, famous concerts, and other notable other events.
Parking for guests with mobility limitations are available in Lot A and in the Diamond Lot. There are also an estimated 25,000 total parking spots available.
Motorcycle parking is available at the park in each of its lots. Every parking lot at Minute Maid Park is also able to accommodate motorcycles.
Oversized vehicle parking is available throughout the park. There are varying permits and costs associated with RV’s, buses, limousines, etc. Each vehicle also has a unique permit type and associated cost; car permits will not work for RV’s, buses or vice versa.