City of Houston Parking Tips.
Houston Parking Management believes parking should be safe and convenient. By following these tips from their website, you can park safely and avoid a parking citation.
- Read signs carefully. When you park, check the signs on the block to become familiar with the parking regulations.
- Know the mobility lane hours. To help get commuters in and out of downtown, several blocks become tow-away zones during commute hours. Check the signs carefully to know the hours of these restrictions.
- Commercial Zones are for commercial vehicles only. Only a commercial vehicle (with company logos displayed) can park in marked commercial vehicle loading zones. Check carefully for the signs and/or red meters.
- Know the time limit. Check the signs, your receipt or the pay station for the time limit for the block. After the time limit expires, you must move your car to another block.
- Downtown Hopper Pass. The Hopper pass allows you to park at multiple blocks throughout downtown. Your time on the block cannot exceed the posted time limit for the block.
- Try Parkmobile. You can start your parking session from the convenience of your mobile device. You can also receive an alert before your time expires; helping you to avoid a parking citation. Visit http://www.houstontx.gov/parking/meters.html for more information.
We hope that this helps you find cheap downtown Houston parking! Have any new tips or tricks? E-mail us at email@example.com.